Friday 6 February 2009

Underwater Photoshoot - 'Figure With Telephone'


For my project 'Figure With Telephone' , I decided to try an underwater shoot. I researched cameras, and being a poor student :D I bought a fairly cheap one from ebay.
I started to plan the shoot by thinking where I would actually shoot it. For the best light conditions I needed an outdoor pool..but being May no outdoor pools were open! I've got a couple of friends that are lifeguards though, so I asked them if they could do me a favour & let me borrow the pool they work at. After writing letters & speaking to various people at the pool I managed to blag just under an hour in part of the pool when staff training was on in the evening.
I was so pleased they'd agreed to do this..now it was up to me to get a good photograph!


I thought about who would model & what they would wear, and decided to ask Zoe - one of the lifeguards if she would model, and asked her to wear an old white tutu I had. I bought a phone from a charity shop and painted it bright red so it would be seen underwater.




Heres the photos...

....random guy in the pool!






*A big thanks to Zoe & the Deepings Leisure Centre for helping this shoot happen! :) *

Lauren

x



1 comment:

  1. love this series!
    keep up the wonderful work,
    wonderful blog:)

    ReplyDelete